Image by: Matthew
So what’s the “Write-A-Thon” all about?
The “Write-A-Thon” is going to be held on November 30th. For a lot of us, it’s going to be the last day of NaNo and a day full of scrambling to get work done. Why not join your fellow wrimos while you’re scrambling? We can all run around like chickens with our head cut off. It’ll be a fantastic Kodac moment.
Most of the day will be spend writing. We’ll do some Pomodoro word sprints throughout the afternoon/evening. They aren’t mandatory but let me tell you…Pomodoro really helped me get through some tough scenes during some previous NaNo’s. We’ll also bring some writing prompts, some board games (if you need a break from writing), and I’ll even bring my special writing emergency jar (if you get stuck).
We’re also going to encourage that you dress up like one of the characters from your book! While it’s not mandatory, we’re encouraging involvement. Just think about it, every time you look in the mirror, you can give yourself that judgmental “why are you not writing” look. It’ll be like your characters are rooting you on…or threatening you. Whatever helps you more…
We’ll also be:
- Holding a raffle for some unique writery items
- Serving coffee, tea, and snacks
- Selling writery trinkets (all of the proceeds go to WFPS and our writing scholarships)
- Holding a contest for the most words written that night (you have to submit your word count when you get there, if you want to participate)
- A pot luck dinner (everyone should bring something to add to the table – even if it’s just a drink *ahem, Sugar Free Red Bull, cough cough*)
- Offering some other great treats! You’ll just have to come by and find out!
It’s free. You can swing by anytime after 1PM and you don’t have to stay the entire time. If you’re interested, I encourage you to RSVP either on the Facebook Page, in a private message, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don’t live in the area and would like to participate in some word sprints/wars, add us on Skype (our screenname is “writersfps“). Send us an e-mail or let us know in a message that you heard about us from the website and tell us a little bit about yourself. We’ll add you to the group and we can all chat about writer-y things…I mean, do word sprints. 😉
Hope to see you there!