We’ve been busy here at WFPS lately. We’ve been working on some great ideas to help the group expand and become more of a benefit for our current and future members. Here’s what we’ve been working on:
1. We’ve been busy compiling a “Welcome Pack” for new members. If you’re an old member and don’t have a “welcome pack,” I can send you one too. It’s got some great information in it.
2. We’ve been organizing the BIG BROWN BARN BOOK SALE which will be occurring on October 5th from 10AM – 4PM. I’ve updated the Events Page with the latest about that.
3. I’m working on a special project that will be available for members only. Yay, member benefits! Now, not every one of our followers are in Kitsap County and can participate in our meetings face-to-face which is why…
4. I’m also working on developing some WFPS Extended Memberships. Extended members would people who are:
- Members who didn’t live in Kitsap County and couldn’t make the meetings
- Aren’t able to attend fundraising events and can’t qualify for a WFPS scholarship
- That’s all I’ve got so far.
It’s a fairly new idea so we have to work out the kinks.
These members would participate in the meetings via Skype (by instant message or video). They could also participate in the critique meetings. We’re a small writing group with big dreams so the possibilities are endless!
This would allow for our memberships to grow despite distance (long distance relationships work out, don’t they?).
So if you are interested in becoming an “extended member” (I’ll probably come up with a better name for it as well — “Ninja Member” maybe?), shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Since I’m still working out the kinks, it might be a few days before we come to a decision about this. However, I would like to gauge the interest in it so if you are interested, let us know. I’m thinking that the first handful of Ninja Members will get a perk of some sort.
5. We’ve been drafting up flyers, brochures, and other forms of advertisements. But the best advertisement thus far has been word-of-mouth.
So help spread the news! WFPS is looking for the future of literature! We want to extend our hand (and hugs) to the next (and current) generation of writers.
If you live in Kitsap County, Washington (or any nearby counties) swing by the book sale and check us out. Or if you live beyond those boundaries, message us about a “Ninja Membership“. We’d love to have you!